About Vaishno Devi Yatra
Vaishno Devi Yatra is a holy pilgrimage tour to the Vaishno Devi Bhawan, famously known as Mata Ka Bhawan. The holy shrine dedicated to Mata Vaishnavi, a manifestation of Goddess Lakshmi. The bhawan is situated at an altitude of 5200 ft. Legend believe pundit Sridhar discovered the holy shrine of Mata Vaishno Devi about 1000 years ago. The bhawan recieves pilgrims throughout the year.
The sacred pilgrimage to the Vaishno Devi shrine includes 13 km trek from Katra to bhawan. The 'Mata Ka Bhawan' has three holy Pindies in a cave, a form of Goddess. In 2015, Vaishno Devi received about 77.36 Lakh devotees. Get more information here: Vaishno Devi Travel Guide
Vaisno Devi Must Known Facts
Vaishno Devi General Travel InformationAltitude: 5200 ft
Famous For: Vaishno Devi Cave (Holy Pindies)
Currency: INR (Rupees)
State: Jammu and Kashmir
Vaishno Devi Facts
- The shrine has a mysterious origin and has there are no references about how old is this ancient shrine.
- The Holy shrine is mostly visited by pilgrims during Navratra, the nine days festival of Hindu.
- One Guru Gobind Singh ji visited the shrine himself as he was a worshipper
of Mata Vaishno Devi.
- There are three main caves in Vaishno Devi. But only two caves are open for devotees as third one is very long for a single pilgrimage.
- Legends believe that Vaishno Devi Yatra is not complete without the darshan of Bhairavnath temple.
- There is only one initial point to Vaishno Devi Yatra from Katra.
Vaishno Devi Yatra Important Tips (Things to Know before Planning to Vaishno Devi Yatra 2016)- Registration for the Yatra is compulsory. Devotees can get free Yatra Parchi online or offline from Registration Counter in Katra and Jammu.
- Porters, Ponies and Palanquins are also available for Yatra from Katra. Confirm the rates before hiring them.
- Pilgrims can leave extra and unnecessary clothes and luggage at Katra and travel easy on the Yatra.
- Obtain a group number on arrival at Bhawan at yatra slip check post to get into the queue for Darshan.
- Instructions issued by the Yatra administration, from time to time must be strictly followed
- Donation should be deposite in donation boxes and at computerized donation counters.
- Bhairav Nath temple should be visit only after the darshan at holy shrine.
Check out Important Do and Don'ts during Vaishno devi Yatra